How do I dispose of hazardous material?

Residents of Bedford may take their hazardous household waste items to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center free of charge with a voucher from Customer Service (Water Billing Department). Residents must obtain a Bedford ECC program voucher before taking waste to the collection center. Please present proof of residency, such as a recent water bill, to receive your voucher.

Examples of household hazardous waste include:

  • Fluorescent light bulbs
  • Batteries: lead acid, alkaline, nicad
  • Paint (latex and oil base), paint thinners
  • Oil, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, petroleum-based lubricants, gasoline, antifreeze, cleaners (acidic and basic), ethylene glycol
  • Pool chemicals
  • Empty propane and helium tanks

Each free voucher to a resident costs the City of Bedford $50, whether someone brings a single item or a truckload (20 gallons of paint limit) so residents are encouraged to make the most of their trip.  Please note: there is a 20-gallon-of-paint limit per voucher. 

Hazardous waste vouchers can be picked up at City of Bedford Water Billing Department - City Hall Building C, 1805 L Don Dodson Drive, Bedford TX 76021. 

For more information, visit Household Hazardous Waste

Provided by City of Bedford Customer Service 817-952-2112

Show All Answers

1. What are Bedford's water restrictions?
2. How can I find out about city codes?
3. What are the codes for placement of garbage and recycling bins for collection?
4. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale? Where can I place garage sale signs?
5. Do I need a permit to install a water heater?
6. Do I need a permit to build a storage building or fence?
7. What do I do if I have a common fence and the neighbors do not want to pay their portion to repair or replace it?
8. How do I dispose of tires, anti-freeze and batteries?
9. How do I dispose of old paint?
10. How do I dispose of hazardous material?
11. What is the difference between homeowners association (HOA) regulations and City regulations, and which regulations control?
12. How do I contact someone for questions?