File an Accident Report

To file a accident/crash report please call 817-952-2440, or 817-952-2127 if it is outside of normal business hours. 

You should file an accident report when any of the following has happened:

  • Any reported injury to or death of any person
  • Damage to property or vehicles of the City of Bedford, the State of Texas or another municipality
  • Crashes involving a driver suspected of DWI or DUID
  • Hit-and-run Crashes
  • Hazardous materials spills
  • There is damage to a vehicle(s), (other than a flat tire), to the extent that a wrecker is needed for towing
  • Crashes that occurred during a police pursuit

State law requires that all drivers involved in collisions where total damage is at least $1,000 and/or injury is suffered by any person, and where no police accident report is made, must report the collision to the Texas Department of Transportation in Austin, Texas within 10 days of occurrence. 

What to do when involved in a minor accident

  • If your cars are drivable, remove your vehicle out of the roadway into a safe location such as a parking lot or out of the flow of traffic.
  • If no one is injured, and your vehicle is drivable, exchange the following information with each other: 
    • Driver's name
    • Driver's address
    • Driver's phone number(s)
    • Make and model of vehicle
    • Vehicle License Plate Number
    • Insurance company and policy number
    • Take pictures of each vehicle involved in the crash as this will help your insurance companies (this is not required)

Show All Answers

1. Contact the Police Department?
2. Pay a ticket/fine?
3. File an Accident Report
4. Obtain a crash report?
5. File a police report?
6. Obtain a police report?
7. File a public information request?
8. Submit a noise complaint?
9. Get my property back?
10. Find out where my car was towed?
11. Submit a traffic complaint?
12. Obtain a solicitor's permit?