Get my property back?

Property is released by appointment only. Appointments should be made prior to arriving to the Bedford Police Department to ensure someone is available and that the property is able to be released. Appointments can be made by calling 817-952-2432. Information provided to the Property Technician should include: your name, phone number, report number, and property description. A government issued photo ID is required for the release of property.  

Items are booked into Property and Evidence under three different categories:

  • Evidence: Items collected in connection with a crime. Evidence is retained until a final disposition has been administered by the court (conviction, dismissal, etc.) involving all parties charged in that case. Evidence can only be released with a certified copy of a County Court order. To inquire about the status of a criminal case or about obtaining a court order for property retrieval, contact the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office at 817-884-1400. 
  • Safekeeping: Items taken and stored with the intent to return property to its rightful owner. Items held for safekeeping will only be retained for 90 days, after which they can be destroyed or auctioned.
  • Found: Items found or abandoned. For items with no known owner, found/abandoned items can be destroyed or auctioned after 30 days of no inquiry. For items found with a known owner (credit card, driver’s license, etc.), found/abandoned items can be destroyed or auctioned after 90 days of no inquiry. If a last known address is located for the owner of a found item, a certified letter is sent for notification.

Unclaimed Property

The City of Bedford contracts with for the sale of unclaimed items through their auction site. Community members interested in bidding online can go to the auction website.

Show All Answers

1. Contact the Police Department?
2. Pay a ticket/fine?
3. File an Accident Report
4. Obtain a crash report?
5. File a police report?
6. Obtain a police report?
7. File a public information request?
8. Submit a noise complaint?
9. Get my property back?
10. Find out where my car was towed?
11. Submit a traffic complaint?
12. Obtain a solicitor's permit?