Subdividing or short form platting property involves review by the City’s Development, Fire, Public Works, and Building Departments.
Most short form plats are reviewed administratively, whereas formal subdivisions (5 or more lots) require a public hearing.
Prior to submittal of a formal application, an informal preliminary meeting with city staff (the Development Review Committee) is generally required. The purpose of this meeting is to identify potential issues and requirements for the proposal. Some topics of review include:
- zoning requirements, such as minimum lot sizes and maximum density permitted;
- potential critical areas; tree preservation;
- access, utility and stormwater requirements and improvements
The Planning and Zoning Department has application checklists and forms for different kinds of development proposals HERE
A planner is available to answer general questions at the Development Department, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Visit: City of Bedford City Hall, Building C (1805 L Don Dodson Drive, Bedford TX 76021)
- Phone: 817 952-2105
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org