What does the City do to combat mosquitoes?
Public Works staff is proactive with the treatment of mosquitoes in the City of Bedford. The Stormwater/Environmental Division walks City creeks on a monthly basis and treats with Vectolex (30 day granule). Gambusia fish feed on mosquitoes and they are deposited into creeks on City property.

City staff participates in various outreach/education opportunities and distribute a wealth of information regarding what residents/citizens can do to assist with the control of the mosquito population. Home inspections consist of accessing residential areas for potential breeding sites and offering education to the homeowner. These inspections are offered to Bedford residents as a courtesy.

Please call the Public Works office at (817) 952-2200 to receive further information or to set up a home inspection.

Show All Answers

1. What does the City do to combat mosquitoes?