Spooooky season has arrived! Get ready for an October filled with special events around Bedford! If you’re looking for something to do this month, we’ve got something for everyone:
- National Night Out (October 4 from 5 to 9 p.m.): Bedford Police, Fire, and City staff will be out and about in Bedford visiting neighborhood block parties. Check with your neighborhood or homeowners’ association to see if your area is participating.
- Paper Shred Day (October 15 from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Meadow Park Athletic Complex): Grab your old documents to be securely shredded and recycled, in addition to electronic waste (old computers, printers, etc.) Learn more.
- Mornings with the Mayor (October 15 at 10 a.m. at the Bedford Public Library): Mayor Boyter will provide updates on City news.
- Fire Department Open House (October 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Central Fire Station): Meet some Bedford firefighters, tour a fire truck, watch as crews demonstrate a vehicle extrication, use a fire hose, and more! Learn more.
- Beer, Brats, and More (October 22 from 3 to 9 p.m. at the Bedford Public Library): This annual and free outdoor party will feature live music, a variety of Texas craft beers, and food trucks selling brats, sweets, and more. Purchase a $30 beer wristband in advance online (they will also be available at the event). Online ticket sales end October 20.
- Halloween Bash in the Pumpkin Patch (October 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Generations Park at Boys Ranch): Parks and Recreation will host an evening of treat stations, bounce houses, market vendors, crafts, food trucks, and more. Learn more.
- A Bedford Haunting (October 29 from 7 to 10 p.m. at Old Bedford School): Watch ghostly scenes projected onto Old Bedford School as you listen to creepy tunes and shop spooky-themed art and other oddities. Learn more.
- UPDATED DATE! Halloween Costume Goat Yoga (October 30 from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Bedford Public Library): Get your yoga on while a tribe of goats in costumes graze and jump around (or on) you! Space is limited and tickets are $32. Learn more and register online.