Thanks to a unanimous decision by the Mayor and Council to use additional budget dollars to subsidize memberships, the rate structure for The Center (which will be operated by the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth) was further decreased for Bedford residents upon its opening later this fall.
Please keep in mind, a final opening date has not been determined at this time. The City is hoping to take possession of the facility from the contractor in late October. At that time, the City will allow the YMCA staff to move in and put the finishing touches on the facility which will take 2-3 weeks. Right now, the City estimates The Center will have a soft opening in late November, depending upon supply chain issues. The City is planning a grand opening ceremony for the entire Generations Park at Boys Ranch project in January. As opening dates are finalized, they will be posted on all City communication channels.
The final rate structure is as follows:
Monthly Bedford Resident Rates:
- Household 1 (two adults and any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19): $57
- Household 2 (two adults OR 1 adult with any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19): $53
- Individuals (Ages 26 – 61): $33
- Senior Couple (two adults – one must be 62+): $42
- Senior Individual (Ages 62+): $25
- Young Adult (Ages 11-26): $25
Monthly Non-Resident Rates:
- Household 1 (two adults and any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19): $78
- Household 2 (two adults OR 1 adult with any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19): $72
- Individuals (Ages 26 – 61): $48
- Senior Couple (two adults – one must be 62+): $59
- Senior Individual (Ages 62+): $38
- Young Adult (Ages 11-26): $38
Please note, there is no fee to join The Center the first year, per the terms of the agreement between the City and the YMCA.
One of the many benefits of the YMCA operating The Center is the non-profit organization’s ability to offer financial assistance to those who qualify. Rate reduction is possible through their Open Doors program (https://ymcafw.org/join#financial-assistance), in addition to the organization’s Silver Sneakers program. Silver Sneakers provides a free fitness center membership for qualifying seniors eligible for Medicare or other health plans. Please contact the YMCA staff at the Airport Area YMCA in Bedford at 817-571-3371 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
If you choose to join through the YMCA’s website, the discounted rate will not be applied due to the verification process. However, individuals can bring in a current water bill to Airport Area YMCA (if prior to The Bedford Center YMCA opening), to The Center once it opens, or reply to your welcome email with documentation and your discount will be added to future fees. However, the YMCA will not make the fee retroactive or refund any fees paid prior to showing verification.
For more information and for those who would like to purchase a non-resident membership, please visit https://ymcafw.org/locations/bedford-center-ymca.
For more information about The Center, the partnership with the YMCA, and the latest tour of The Center on the City’s “Beyond The Fence” series, please visit www.bedfordtx.gov/thecenter.