It’s time for some spring cleaning, which means cleaning out closets and doing yard work. As part of your trash service, trash customers can also take advantage of bulk and brush collection day, which coincide with normal trash pick-up days. Here’s some helpful hints to ensure you’re safely getting rid of your unwanted items:
- Bulk items must be no larger than 3’ x 3’ x 12’.
- Accepted items include yard waste, appliances, furniture, and household items like water heaters and toilets.
- Appliances that contain Freon, PCB, or other liquid gaseous compounds (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) must have that compound removed by a certified technician who places a special tag on the item prior to collection.
- Hazardous or electronic waste will not be collected with regular bulk trash, this includes items like paint, chemicals, florescent bulbs, batteries, and tires. For information on household hazardous waste, please visit www.bedfordtx.gov/hhw and for information about disposing of electronic waste, visit www.bedfordtx.gov/kbb and look for the next “Chunk Your Junk” or “Crud Cruiser” event. For more information, email Customer Service at email@example.com.
- Brush must be cut in lengths not to exceed four-feet, bundled and tied, weighing no more than 50 pounds per bundle.
- Up to four cubic yards of brush or bulk will be collected at the curb each week on your regular collection day. So if you have a lot of items, only put a portion of them out each collection day.
- If your bulk item exceeds the allotted size, call Republic at 817-317-2000 to schedule a special pick-up. Payment for the special pick-up is paid directly to Republic Services.
- Bedford water customers may dispose of up to 10 cubic yards of waste for free, once per month, at the with proof of residency. For more info, please visit https://bit.ly/3btlrp4. If you live in an apartment complex, please reach out to your apartment management to see if their dumpsters are available for excess refuse.
For more information, please call Customer Service at 817-952-2112.