The Bedford Police Department is making it easier to file a police report for non-emergency crimes with a new online reporting website. The online reporting system allows residents or Bedford business owners/employees to report the following crimes:
- Criminal Information - Animal complaints, city code violations, suspicious person/vehicle/activity, or narcotics information
- Credit Card Fraud - Unknown person made fraudulent purchases with your credit/debit card without permission (includes online or phone purchase)
- Criminal Mischief - Graffiti, knocking over mailbox, throwing rock through windows, etc.
- Criminal Mischief to Vehicle - Graffiti, keying, scratching, broken windows, slashed tires, etc.
- Hit and Run to a Parked Car
- Identity Theft (Residents Only)
- Lost Property
- Shoplifting (Not in Progress)
By reporting these non-emergency crimes online, dispatchers will be able to focus more on emergency calls and those filling out the online report can easily print out their completed report for free. To get started, visit www.bedfordtx.gov/PDreport.
All cases submitted through this system will be reviewed by detectives. People who file an online report may or may not be contacted by a detective based on the circumstances of the case.
For those in an emergency, please call 9-1-1.