- City Government
- Cultural Arts
- Library Art Display
Library Art Display
Artists are invited to apply to be chosen as a feature artist (or group of artists) for the Bedford Public Library Art Display. There is no age limit, and all levels of experience are encouraged to submit. This will be an ongoing process; therefore, submissions will be accepted year-round.
To have your work considered, please complete the Library Art Display Application Form. Periodically, the art selection committee, comprised of City Staff, will review and approve the selection of artists. If your work is selected for display, you will be contacted by City Staff to arrange an installation date and time. An artwork agreement will be provided by the City and must be signed and returned before any artwork can be installed.
There are many spaces where artists can display their work. Therefore, when an artist is chosen to exhibit, staff will work with them to find a date to come and look at the various options to determine which pieces of their work would work best in the spaces. Artists that are chosen will have their work on display for two months. These months will be determined by availably of the space.
In addition to multiple walls available to display two-dimensional work, there are two display cabinets available for three dimensional pieces. Each cabinet contains four glass shelves measuring 44” wide and 18” deep with 16” between each shelf.
To have your work considered for display, please complete the online Library Art Display Application Form.
- Artists should include images of each piece that they plan to exhibit along with their application.
- Both two dimensional and three-dimensional work can be submitted for exhibit.
- Artists can submit as either a solo exhibit or a group exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for providing title cards for each work that should include the artist’s name, title of the work, and price, if for sale.
- All two-dimensional artwork must include a wire secured to the back for hanging.
- Content should be family friendly and contain no hateful or derogatory references or overt nudity.
- Artwork must be original.
- Artwork will be considered based on craftsmanship, originality, and overall artistic merit.
- Seasonal or topical themes will occasionally be chosen.
- Artists are not required to be Bedford residents; however, preference will be given to Bedford residents, followed by Tarrant County residents.
For additional questions, please email Cultural Arts Manager Krissi Oden.