- City Government
- Police Department
- Career Opportunities
- Application and Hiring Process
Application and Hiring Process
Submitting an Application
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Bedford Police Department. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will be required to create an account and build your application profile. Be sure to save your username and password so you can log into your account for updates, apply for future job openings, and update your application materials. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
To apply for an open position, please click on the career opportunity linked below and you will be redirected to the City of Bedford Job Opportunities page.
Before you submit an application for a position, please review your application carefully. Once you submit your application for a position, you will not be able to make any changes. You may, however, make changes to your core profile for future submissions. If you need to make any changes after submitting your application, or provide additional job-related information, please contact the Human Resources Department at 817-952-2167.
In order for us to successfully process your application, please complete it in full. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. Providing false information is also cause for rejection or dismissal. If you require accommodations to complete this application, please notify the Human Resources Department. Once submitted, this application, along with any attachments, becomes the property of the City of Bedford.
The Hiring Process
- Complete and submit Police Officer application
- Qualified applicants are invited to participate in a:
- Physical Fitness Test (Concept 2 Row Machine, Texas DPS Standard 50%)
- Written Exam
- Pre-Employment Interview
- Upon successful completion of above-listed testing, applicants are subject to an extensive background check
- Once the background check is completed successfully, the applicant will go through the final steps of the process that include:
- Oral Review Board
- Conditional Job Offer
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Examination (Drug Screen/Stress Test/Physical)
- The applicant receives a final job offer once all testing is successfully completed