The Training Division is responsible for the development and coordination of training of all firefighters within the Bedford Fire Department. The Training Division must be aware of new developments and technology in firefighting, hazardous materials, emergency medical care, and technical rescue in order to provide the most current training available and provide the highest service quality to the community.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all new and continued training for firefighters and paramedics
- Maintaining a Hazardous Material Coordinator
- Administering the health and wellness program for fire department staff which includes physical fitness, medical screenings, and immunizations
- Ensuring Fire personnel are current in required certifications, such as those mandated by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Serving as Incident Safety Officer at all major incidents
- Overseeing recruitment and new hire testing
- Researching and developing new technologies and operational methods
- Serving as the department Health and Safety Officer
- Ensuring the department meets the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and NFPA standards.
- Administering and overseeing monthly performance evaluations and district testing