Uniformed Services


Operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our patrol division is here to enforce the law, help solve crimes, and protect the community.

Our Patrol Division is led by one patrol Lieutenant and broken into four different patrol shifts to provide 24/7 coverage for the City. Each shift is led by one Sergeant and one Corporal with six assigned beat officers. In 2021, we implemented a “power” shift of three officers who work in between the day and night shift to provide additional coverage across the city.

If you have any questions regarding our Patrol Division, please contact our non-emergency number at 817-952-2127 or our front desk at 817-952-2440, and ask to speak with an on-duty patrol supervisor.


The Traffic Division's primary purpose is to investigate motor vehicle Crashes and to identify problematic locations in residential and major thoroughfares and to respond utilizing personnel and equipment (i.e. speed monitoring trailers) to gain compliance of all applicable traffic laws.

When do I file an Accident Report?

  •  Any reported injury to or death of any person
  • Damage to property or vehicles of the City of Bedford, the State of Texas or another municipality.
  • Crashes involving a driver suspected of DWI or DUID
  • Hit and Run Crashes
  • Hazardous materials spills
  • There is damage to a vehicle(s), (other than a flat tire), to the extent that a wrecker is needed for towing and/or;
  • Crashes that occurred during a police pursuit.

State law requires that all drivers involved in collisions where total damage is at least $1,000.00 and/or injury is suffered by any person, and where no police accident report is made, must report the collision to the Texas Department of Transportation in Austin, Texas within ten (10) days of occurrence. 

If your collision did not fall under one of the categories listed above for police department reporting but does fit the state reporting criteria, you must obtain a CR-2 form and report the collision to the state after reading the following:

What to do when you are involved in a minor accident:

  • If your cars are drivable, you shall remove your vehicle out of the roadway into a safe location such as a parking lot or out of the flow of traffic.
  • If no one is injured, and your vehicle is drivable, both parties shall exchange all necessary information with each other.

The information must include:

  • Name of Driver
  • Address of Driver
  • Phone Number
  • Make and Model of vehicle
  • Vehicle License Plate Number
  • Insurance company and policy number
  • Take Pictures of each vehicle that is involved in the Crash as this will help your insurance companies, but this is not required