Need Assistance?

Police Issue

If you have an issue that needs the attention of the Police Department, please contact 817-952-2440, or after normal business hours, 817-952-2127 for immediate assistance.

Noise Complaint 

To make a complaint regarding noise, please contact the Bedford Police Dispatch at 817-952-2127.

Traffic Complaint 

If making a complaint regarding traffic, the request will be forwarded to the supervisor over the Police Department's Traffic Division. The Traffic Division can be reached at 817-952-2488.

How to File a Police Report

To file a police report, please contact 817-952-2440, or after normal business hours, 817-952-2127. A variety of reports can be handled over the phone during normal business hours.

How to Obtain a Police or Accident Report 

To obtain a police or accident report, please contact the Bedford Police Records Division at 817-952-2425. The Bedford Police Department is located at 2121 L. Don Dodson Drive. Public hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Requests for public information can be made by utilizing the Public Information Request Form.

Do you provide fingerprinting for the general public?

We provide this service for Bedford residents, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.  Fingerprinting services are provided on an appointment only basis to Bedford residents only. You must provide proof of residency.  

Costs for this service are listed below:

Bedford Residents - $10.00 PER CARD
Proof of Residency is required: address on a current government-issued ID or on current utility bill with a photo ID. 

The address on your Driver's License. The government-issued ID, Driver's License, or state identification card must be valid.

For more information on fingerprinting and to set up an appointment, please contact 817-952-2440.

Where can I get a Solicitor's Permit?

The applications are on this website under the "Solicitor Ordinance " tab.  We also have applications at the front desk of the Police Department.  All Applicants go through a background check and are given a copy of the city ordinance for the solicitor permits and handbill permits. For more information on Solicitor's Permits, contact our Public Service Officer at 817-952-2440.