Keep Bedford Beautiful
Having trouble finding plants that look great and thrive season after season? Take the guesswork out of finding the right plant for the right spot with perfect plant combinations by purchasing a custom-designed, water-saving UPlantIt boxed garden!
Water University at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center's pre-planned gardens include sure-fire plants hand-selected by Texas A&M AgriLife Water University Horticulturalists that are proven to flourish in challenging North Texas soils and the sometimes harsh and unpredictable climate. START SMALL, SAVE BIG! UPlantIt gardens include 32 starter plants sown in 3-inch pots and bundled into a 2 ft. x 1 ft. box. Each plant is tagged and numbered to correspond with professional designs to make planting as easy as possible for DIY installation!
Simply select from 3 professionally designed PLANT-BY-NUMBER garden layouts to get started converting those empty, bare spaces in your landscape into colorful perennial gardens. Each boxed garden comes with a free comprehensive planting and maintenance guide.
- 32 starter plants with 14 different varieties in 3-inch pots
- Boxed gardens are 2 ft. x 1 ft. in size, they will easily fit in your vehicle
- 3 plant by number layout options (5' x 25' rectangle; 16’ x 16' triangle; and 14' circle)
- Covers: up to 125 sq. ft
- Exposure: Plant in Full Sun to Part Shade for best results. (Requires a minimum of 5 hours direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 to 6 ft.
- Duration: Colorful blooms from Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown, all native and adapted varieties, and pollinator supporting species
It's Easy as 1, 2, 3
Step 1) Pre-order a UPlantIt Garden (July 1 – September 20 or until supplies last)
Step 2) Pick ONE of the four designated pick-up location in the Dallas – Fort Worth area.*
Step 3) Pick up plants Saturday, September 28th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the chosen location. **
* Plants MUST be picked up at the pre-chosen location.
**No rainchecks. Unclaimed plants will be donated to a community garden.
Got a Green Thumb? Do You Want One?
Whether you're an expert or you're just thinking of getting started, these classes will give you some great information! The classes are hosted by the City of Bedford Environmental Specialist, Jerry Laverty and presented by Texas AgriLife an extension service of Texas A&M.
Sat Sep. 28
Sat Sep. 28
Thu Oct. 10
Sat Oct. 12
Mon Oct. 21
Sat Oct. 26