To translate this page to another language, please click on the Google Translate button at the bottom of the page and pick from the drop-down menu.
Para traducir esta página a otro idioma, haga clic en el botón Traductor de Google en la parte inferior de la página y seleccione del menú desplegable.
Để dịch trang này sang ngôn ngữ khác, vui lòng nhấp vào nút Google Dịch ở cuối trang và chọn từ menu thả xuống.
CITY OF BEDFORD SPECIAL ELECTION
The City of Bedford will hold a Special Election on Saturday, August 20, 2022 to elect fill the vacancy in Place 1 of the City Council.
Early Voting and Election Day will be held at the Bedford Public Library at 2424 Forest Ridge Drive.
- July 21 - Last Day to Register to Vote for this Election
- August 3 - August 16 - Period for Early Voting
- August 9 - Last Day to Receive Application for a Ballot to be Voted by Mail
- August 20 - Election Day 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Dates||Day of the Week||Times|
|August 3 - 5||Wednesday - Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|August 6 - 7||Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
|August 8 - 12||Monday - Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|August 13||Saturday||7 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|August 15 - 16||Monday - Tuesday||7 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Nichelle D. Dawkins||Application for Place on the Ballot|
|Jeron Liverman||Application for Place on the Ballot|
|Joy Donovan Brandon||Application for Place on the Ballot|
|Cecelia Cole||Application for Place on the Ballot|
The eligibility requirements to hold office in the City of Bedford are listed below.
City of Bedford Charter, Sec. 2.03. - Qualifications.
The members of the council shall be qualified voters of the city, who have been residents of the city for at least one (1) year, and shall hold no other public office except for those allowed by the Texas Constitution or state law. If a member of the council shall cease to possess any of these qualifications or shall be convicted of a felony, the office shall immediately become vacant.
Texas Election Code, Section 141.001. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR PUBLIC OFFICE.
- To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office in this state, a person must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for a candidate whose name is to appear on a general primary election ballot, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in;
- for a party nominee who is nominated by any method other than by primary election, the date the nomination is made; and
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- on the date described by Subdivision (5), be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected; and
- satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The City of Bedford will hold a General Election on Saturday, May 6, 2023 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to elect Places 4 and 6 to the City Council. The Election Day polling place is the Bedford Public Library, 2424 Forest Ridge Drive, Bedford, Texas 76021; however, voters can vote at any Tarrant County polling location.
Early voting for the May 6, 2023 General Election will be Monday, April 24, 2023 through Tuesday, May 3, 2023. The primary early voting location in Bedford is the Public Library at 2424 Forest Ridge Drive; however, voters can vote at any Tarrant County polling location.
The filing period for the May 6, 2023 General Election is 8 a.m. Wednesday, January 18, 2023 through 5 p.m. Friday, February 17, 2023.