Responsibilities and Services
The Human Resources Division is responsible for:
- Recruiting and retaining employees whose dedication to the City of Bedford is demonstrated through enthusiasm, knowledge, and a commitment of time and talent
- Promotion of an atmosphere that is conducive to both professional and personal growth
- Providing our employees with a consistently fair and objective work environment
- Facilitating and maintaining clear communication throughout the organization
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Bedford. The City of Bedford requires you to submit an application for any position you're interested in. To view a list of open positions, please visit our Employment Opportunities page. All applications and resumes are subject to public disclosure pursuant to the Public Information Act.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Bedford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, or because they are disabled veterans or veterans of the Vietnam era.
The City of Bedford offers an extensive and comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance Coverage
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
- Paid Time Off
- Health and Wellness Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Pay
- Incentive Pay
- Education Reimbursement
- Additional Retirement Savings Plans
- Voluntary Income Replacement Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Texas College Savings Plan
For more details, please review this Benefits at a Glance document.